By compiling the data of over 500 vehicles, from December 2016, we have been able to identify the most common instances of bad driving.
Fleet Complete have developed an integrated dossier of historical data that recognises the more typical attributes of dangerous driving through our connected vehicle technology.
Michael Seychell, our National Sales Director said, “The Fleet Tracker device collects critical data and sends alerts to the driver when a vehicle is speeding or driving dangerously. Customers also use the fleet management software to analyse historical driving patterns as a coaching tool for better driving behaviour. This not only results in an improvement in road safety but also a reduction in vehicle wear and tear costs.”
The top 5 reasons why people may have an accident have been taken from the typical driving behaviour identified through Fleet Complete technology services:
- Do not tailgate: Leave a three-second space between you and the car in front of you to reduce risk of collision. As tempting as it may be when in a hurry, tailgating is a major cause of accidents. Tailgating can be detected by Fleet Complete technology and alert the driver to remind them to leave more space between vehicles.
- Do not speed: The faster you go, the less reaction time you have to avoid an accident. As the speed climbs, so do braking distances. Fleet Complete are able to track driver speed and when the limit is being exceeded. An increase in average speed of 1 km/h typically results in a 4–5% increase for crashes that result in fatalities (World Report on Road Traffic Injury Prevention).
- Fatigue: It’s estimated that fatigue is a factor in up to 25% of road crashes. Being awake for 17 hours is estimated to cause a similar level of impairment to a .05 BAC level. (Worksafe VIC). Fleet Complete can monitor the period of time a person spends behind the wheel without taking a break.
- Tyre pressure: Insufficient attention to the pressure of the tyres can be dangerous. Low tyre pressure results in skidding on wet roads, difficult steering operation and general driving discomfort. Fleet Complete software is able to alert vehicle owners as to when their cars require mechanical maintenance.
- Addressing aggressive driving habits: Fleet Complete are able to detect when a driver is turning corners too sharply and when they are breaking too suddenly. Both of these actions can result in accidents, but if a driver is made aware of these risks they are taking there is more chance of them correcting their habits.
Fleet Complete is a leading global provider of mission-critical fleet, asset and mobile workforce management solutions. For further information about our products visit here.
Feb 12, 2018 Sarah Magor